So I’m thinking that I might post a list of what I’m currently reading/watching/listening to every week or so. To that end here’s my current list
- Furyborn by Claire LeGrand – I got an ARC of this one off of NetGalley, and I’m checking it out to see if it’s worth recommending that my current library purchase it. So far I’m leaning towards yes. It reminds me of the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. Admittedly, I’m not a fan of her works, but a lot of my students are, and I could see them liking this book.
- The World of All Souls by Deborah Harkness – Honestly this one’s primary purpose is to tide me over until Time’s Convert comes out in the spring.
- The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan – This book is frustrating me so much at the moment. I’m already not fond of this current series from Riordan, (why oh why couldn’t this have been the three book one and Magnus chase the five?), but this book is just making it worse. Honestly, at this point I’m only reading it. because I already read all the others.
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – Just started this one, so I’m not really sure yet, but the premise is intriguing.
- The Orville – Currently I’m working on finally finishing The Orville. It really is a much better show than it was advertised as being. If you’re a fan of classic Trek, you should be watching it. No really. Your should be.
- Black-ish – I’m HIGHLY frustrated with the current season. Expect a rant soon.
- Avengers: Infinity War – Self explanatory. I’ll post about it next week sometime.
- Agents of SHIELD – It’s been a while since I’ve been this excited about AoS. This season is really fantastic.
- Jessica Jones – I have to pace myself with this one. I know that binging it is a bad idea. It’s too depressing.
- The DC TV shows – I like to pretend that all the DC shows happen in the same universe, just on different earths. That being said, my current favorite is iZombie, second favorite is Legends of Tomorrow and guilty pleasure is Gotham (which I know to be crap but watch every episode anyway).
- The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical – I thought that a Percy Jackson musical would be stupid. I was wrong. This is actually fantastic. It’s beautiful and heartfelt and fun. (Not to mention that its the perfect remedy for an anger issues caused by Burning Maze.)
- The SpongeBob Musical – I used to believe that every musical had at least one song that you could absolutely fall in love with. Then I started listening to SpongeBob. I haven’t finished it yet – because of the stupidity level I have to stop frequently lest my brain turn to mush – but I still haven’t fallen in love with a single song. The fact that this thing has Tony nominations shows how week this year’s Broadway slate was.